I’ve been learning about how important good liver function is to optimal health. Someone told me that it was a little like a vacuum. It sucks out the toxins our body intakes, and if there are too many toxins, it can get full, which causes problems in the body. Our bodies are wonderful balancing things, and when we eat foods that support our livers they function better. Here’s 9 foods that help stimulate the liver to remove toxins.
Let’s face it, you live in a world of toxic overload. Toxins are everywhere from the toxins in your food, the toxins in your beauty products, the toxins in the environment to even the toxins caused by stress. Toxic overload in your body can lead to inflammation, pain and disease, making regular cleansing and detoxing absolutely essential.
But why is detoxifying your liver so particularly important?
Your liver is your body’s largest gland. You only have one liver and without it, you literally cannot survive. You better take care of it. Here’s a foods that help stimulate the liver to remove toxins. Add some to your daily menu.
What does your liver do?
Your liver is responsible for:
- Detoxifying your blood from harmful substances, like toxins, drugs, alcohol and more
- Storing vitamins and iron
- Converting stored sugar to usable sugar when your sugar levels fall below normal
- Producing bile to digest fat
- Breaking down hemoglobin, insulin and other hormones
- Destroying old red blood cells
Your liver performs a wide range of vital functions. Being so busy and constantly stressed cleansing and supporting your body, it is also very prone to disease, especially in a world of toxic overload.
9 Foods That Help Stimulate The Liver To Remove Toxins
- Beets And Carrots: Beets and carrots are powerful root vegetables high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene and are known for their ability to stimulate and improve your liver function.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are great sources of glutathione, a protein that works as a potent liver detoxifier.
- Leafy Green Vegetables: Not only spinach, but all green veggies are great for liver detox. They are rich in chlorophyll that can absorb toxins in your body and lower the burden on the liver.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits like lemons and limes are fantastic for overall body cleansing, but thanks to their vitamin C content, they also stimulate your liver and speed up your detox process.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a potent inflammation reducing herb that can boost your liver detox and overall cleansing journey.
- Avocados: Avocados are highly nutritious and help the production glutathione, which is necessary for liver cleansing.
- Apples: Apples are abundant in pectin, which is absolutely essential for liver detox and general body cleansing.
- Garlic: Thanks to all the sulfur, garlic has the ability to activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. It is also rich in allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that help liver cleansing.
- Green Tea: Green tea is full of plant antioxidants known as catechins that help liver function.
Do you eat any of these foods daily? What do you do to keep your liver healthy?