Someone on my Facebook feed has been experimenting with raw desserts, and posting recipes they’ve tried. This one caught my eye. Bounty bars were one of the only chocolate bars my mother would occasionally treat us with growing up, so they hold a special place in my heart (and taste buds!). I think they reminded my mother of topical vacations she used to take with my dad before they had kids.
Having tried one as an adult though, I found them much too sweet to be enjoyable. This recipe from over on the Becomingness website looks easy enough that I might try it this weekend! Then I can control how sweet they are.
Raw Bounty Bites
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons organic or raw honey, melted (organic maple syrup would also work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups organic shredded coconut
Chocolate coating ( x 2 for thicker coating)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup organic maple syrup or honey (depending on how sweet or bitter you like your chocolate)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Will you try these? Leave a comment and let me know what your experience in making them was. Bonus points for photos! Now I need to go and get some organic shredded coconut.