Dark circles under the eyes are a fairly common thing. There apparently are many causes, like lack of sleep, stress, dehydration etc. There are also many creams and products to help. I like natural and DIY, and recently a friend of mine who’s a little sleep deprived from her baby, tried an old family method to help her dark circles under her eyes with a mint leaf concoction.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Circles Using Mint Leaves
Is your self-esteem on stake because of dark circles? Nobody wants to have dark colored rings around the eyes. Age, pollution, sun rays, allergens, lack of sleep, improper diet can be some of the culprits that cause dark circles.
Proper sleep is sufficient to reduce dark discoloration under the eyes yet if you have stubborn dark circles then you can choose home remedies to get rid of them.
How Mint Leaves Help To Reduce Dark Circles:
- The menthol in mint leaves improves circulation, evening out skin tone around the eyes.
- Mint soothes and rejuvenates skin.
- As a natural astringent, it constricts blood vessels around the eyes, diminishing the blue tint reflected by blood vessels.
- Mint is antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial, so it kills toxins that damage under-eye skin.
- The vitamin C in mint promotes the production of collagen, which increases the skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- Its soothing properties relax eyes and flavonoids eradicate the free radicals.
Here’s 3 methods to get rid of dark circles using mint leaves
Method 1: use fresh mint leaves to make a paste
- In a blender, puree mint leaves to make a paste.
- Apply paste on clean under-eye skin and leave on 10 minutes.
- Wipe it off with damp cloth and pat dry.
- Repeat daily.
Method 2: mint and olive oil
Olive oil nourishes, moisturizes, and detoxifies skin.
- In a blender, mix a handful of fresh mint leaves and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until smooth.
- Apply mixture on clean under-eye skin and leave on 30 minutes.
- Rinse with water, then pat dry.
- Repeat daily to get rid of dark circles.
Method 3: mint leaves and egg white
Egg whites are rich in calcium which helps in nourishing the skin under eyes while vitamin
C in mint leaves reduce the dark circles.
- In a blender, mix a handful of mint leaves with 2 egg whites until smooth.
- Use cotton balls to apply on clean under-eye skin and leave on 30 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
What home remedies have you tried to get rid of dark circles? Leave us a comment and tell us!