I know a lot of people who have been trying to be grain free in their diets. Many report back that they have more energy and are sleeping better. I don’t think there’s a one size fits all for diet preferences. However I do enjoy new things my friends are discovering with food. Like these no bake grain free lemon strawberry cheesecake treats. Yum!
No Bake Grain Free Lemon Strawberry Cheesecake
This no bake, low carb lemon strawberry cheesecake treat is case in point. The bright lemons go perfectly with plump, fresh strawberries. And we all know strawberries and cheesecake are a match made in heaven. This dessert only takes a few minutes to make and has just 5.3g net carbs.
Well I hope you liked this easy no bake dessert today. I love that it’s low carb and so easy to make. While this recipe only makes 2 desserts, they are REALLY filling and you can probably make it into 4 if you used a different container. The jars I used were Ball 8oz jam jars.
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener**
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 strawberries, large
- 2 8oz jam jars
- In a mixing bowl add the cream cheese, sweetener and whipping cream. Beat on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add in lemon extract and mix well. If you would like more lemon flavor add a bit of the lemon zest as you won’t need all of it.
- Take 1 of the strawberries and chop into little pieces. With the other strawberry, slice into thin heart shaped pieces.
- Fill each jar half way with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the chopped strawberry to both jars to make a nice layer.
- Top the strawberries with the rest of the cream cheese mixture.
- Use the slices of the strawberry to make a flow pattern on top.
- Sprinkle lemon zest in the middle of each flower. You don’t have to use all the zest, just what looks nice.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
**You can use whatever sweetener you like. Just make sure the amount you use is equal to 1/3 sugar.
474 cals / 48.2g fat / 5.7g carbs / 0.4g fiber / 4.5g protein = 5.3g net carbs
What treats do you enjoy? Have you modified your favourite recipe? Let us know in the comments!